Monday, September 24, 2012

Parent-Teacher Night

Dear Grade 5 Parents:

It was a pleasure to meet the parents of my students last Thursday night.  Please feel free to follow-up with me on any questions or concerns that you may have about my child. My email is dwu@vancouverchristian.org

Please return student-information and parent-volunteer forms by this Friday, September 28th.  A big thank-you to all parents who will either drive and supervise students on field trips this year.  Our first field trip will be this Friday to Steveson Cannery.  Also, in the next two weeks I will be contacting parents who have volunteered to help in the 5W Classroom.  Again, I appreciate your help and support greatly.

A highlight in today's class was when one student showed the rest of the class to make a cup origami.  She modeled how to fold paper, provided encouragement and feedback, gave us time to try and practice, and answered questions wisely.  Even I was able to make one!   We are all part of a learning community in the class.

Blessings,

Mr.Wu