Tuesday, September 11, 2012

September 11, 2012 A New Year Begins



Dear Grade 5 Students and Parents:

A new school year begins...

This year's class is made up of only fifteen students.  I am excited to teach this small, cooperative, and friendly group of individuals.


Students were asked to find a verse from Psalms that they will have to memorize by Friday.  Students should choose a verse that is meaningful and describes God in a unique way.  On Friday students will share their verse with the class.  Today students were given opportunities to practice their oral presentations and given guidelines for effective speaking --voice that is clear, loud, confident, expressive, and speaker makes eye contact with audience.  Also, students are making a Bible title page from the verse that they have chosen.

Please check out our classroom blog to find information about upcoming and important homework, information, and dates.  I will try to update the blog on a weekly basis.

Here is a brief sample of what 5W students have said about their first few days of grade 5:

"I learned that we should treat each other with kindness and respect."--Daniel

"I like math centers and making our group classroom rule poster."--Brandon

 "I like playing with my friends and learning.  Grade 5 rocks!"--Hanna

"I think that this will be the best year of school ever!"--Cristian

"My first day of school was great and awesome."--Joshua L

"My first week of school was a blast!"--Joshua S.

"We read about a naughty dog Ike and his owner Mrs.LaRue." --Jaya

"I have been working hard in class."--Andy

"One of the best things that we did was the math centres."--Rebekah

"My first week of school was very fun."--Noor

"My teacher is very cool."  --Abigail

"In PE class we played a fun game of soccer."--Odelia

"We made a poster about being nice and helping each other."--Lenny

"I have the funniest teacher on earth--Mr.Wu." --Angelica

I pray that this year will be a positive one of growth and encouragement for all my students.

Parents may contact me through email at dwu@vancouverchristian.org

I will try to respond to emails within two school days.

Blessings,

Mr.Wu